Monday, December 12, 2005

if you don't know someone, who knows someone..



..p.s - 1st time readers, this blog starts at the bottom..

Bila idea of what to do, i get back to campo, to get somebody who know's someone, who might have insight concerning this process... you know, the people who swear they got their ID's in like 2 dayz? Kumbe campo is a melting pot of people of all sorts.
"Chief wa-home ni rela..", or
"at our 'place'(read shaggz),our id's come back immediately." But one person did tell me that NSSF guyz would treat me well if i told them i was a student and needed it pronto. NSSF has many floors, trust me. I was directed to almost 5 different offices on 5 different floors. And when i finally got to the right place, i was told that the dude is in class. That's right. This dude, who is supposed to be an integral part of the working nation, is not in the office and won't be from 10 am to 4pm for the next 6 weeks b'coz he's attending some 'classes'. I was 'advised' to show up the following morning at 8 if i wanted any chance of seeing him.
8 on the dot, i was at the reception. And so was a 'halaiki ya watu'. Lined up, for another hour,b4 i got to present my case. The guy was very understanding, much to my surprise. Told me to leave the documents with his sec and come back in a week, for 'majibu'
But kenyan's will be kenyan's, and to cut a long story short, i ended up going back and forth between his office and campo, and spendin my hard earned credo calling only to be told.. mdosi hayuko leo, or the secretary whose handlin your work is not here.. and even once... i've called archives downstairs - na hawaoni hio file yako!!W.T.H*ll?

3 weeks after i first went to NSSF, i walked out as the proud holder of a new 'kitambulisho'. Now to get my birth certficate.
If u think you've lined up, then you've never been to the Registrar of Person's at the AG's offices!! I got onto a wrong line, only to be told at the window that i was supposed to start - pale. "Kwani haujui vile tunafanya kazi hapa?" yeah, like i come for a new birth certificate ever week!
i had had enough for one day, so i just left to come back the following day. I think i had to read for some Obs/Gyn test. Or attend some teaching.. but i was certainly not going to line up again. Tomorrow - government offices, the stairs and my bad back.(The sequel)

See you kesho,
keep it blogged.
oh, and happy Jamhuri Day.

No comments: